The Eye and Vision Anatomy Worksheet Answers

If you are a physician or an optometrist, or even if you just have a student in a school that is studying vision health, you need to have some good eye and vision anatomy worksheets to hand out. These are very important for teaching students about the visual system and how everything works together. Not only do they give good information, but they also help students learn how to take a test and what to look for on the test. It is not enough to just tell them to look at the eye and read their eye chart. You have to explain why the eye chart is being used and why the visual system as a whole works the way it does.

eye anatomy and experiments
eye anatomy and experiments Eye unit Pinterest from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:pinterest.com

One good eye chart to use for this is one that has one side for each major organ or gland of the body. On one page, the patient should see that each organ is represented by a colored line. This helps visually train the student to associate each major organ with a specific color. When he sees that certain organs are blue, then he will be able to understand what those colors mean. The next time he takes a test, he will be able to quickly identify the colors of the different parts of his body. The eye chart can be used in conjunction with a computer program so that the colors are coded and easily viewed on the screen.

The next tip for using eye charts in teaching vision health is to make sure that they are large enough to cover all of the questions on the test. There are some questions on vision tests that only include a portion of the visual system. For example, the vision test may ask the patient to see a scene that includes a car, truck, and a bus. That is great, but it does not give the teacher any information about the visual system. The size of the eye chart needs to be large enough so that the eye can clearly see the entire chart. Having the eye chart spread out in front of the class allows the students to glance at the chart without looking as though they are trying to read a small advertisement for a vision-health product.

Cow Eye Dissection Worksheet Elegant New Cow Eye Dissection Worksheet Answers Cow Eye Anatomy Quiz
Cow Eye Dissection Worksheet Fresh Cow Eye Dissection Worksheet from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:explorersdream.com

The next tip deals with the placement of the eye chart. The eye chart should be laid out in such a way that it can be read easily. Teachers need to make sure that it can be understood easily before they start answering questions. When students can answer the directions without having to read the eye chart, it makes learning easier for them. Some doctors like to have the eye chart laying out exactly in front of them when they are doing their lessons.

The third tip involves the visual acuity of the eye. The visual acuity is measured in terms of the “visibility ratio” for people who have good eyesight. This ratio is the percentage of people who can see things clearly at 100 feet away with their eyes closed. The visual acuity can be calculated by dividing the distance between the center of the pupil and the edge of the cornea by the number of times the eye opens. For better visual acuity, keep the chart on a flat surface.

Structures of the eye
Iris anatomy from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:en.wikipedia.org

If there are some parts of the eye that are hard to see when the eyes are closed, the visual acuity will decrease as the patient ages. For example, the center of the eyeball will become smaller as the patient ages. This will cause the eyes to look toward the outer edges of the retina as the patient ages.

The fourth tip is related to the eye movement or how the eye moves when the patient has poor vision. The eyes tend to move in different directions when they have problems with their vision. The direction of the eyes can be changed. The eye chart can show the direction that the eyes have moved over time.

lateral
Visual Pathways from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:cog.brown.edu

Finally, the last tip relates to the visual acuity response curve. The curve shows how the eyes vary as the patient ages. The visual acuity changes as the eyes get closer to, or further from, their optimum position. The normal range of the acuity curve can be seen on the eye chart under the graphs for age and farsightedness.

eye anatomy original
Eye Anatomy from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:drscottfeldman.com

Illustration of astigmatism
Astigmatism from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:en.wikipedia.org

Eye Anatomical Chart
Eye Anatomical Chart BPM Collections Health Opinions from the eye and vision anatomy worksheet answers , source:pinterest.com